I never ever travelled for more than three weeks, two weeks in the winter. Now I’m planning for two month. And beside of which places I want to visit I have a lot of questions in my mind:
- What do I need for the car in winter?
- Will the petrol stove work?
- How much water and food rations shall I have with me in case that I get stuck in the middle of nowhere?
- How can I keep the laptop warm, when I leave the car for some days?
- Which equipment do I have to buy that I don’t already have?
- When will the Samyang 12mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS fisheye arrive in the shops and how much will it cost?
- Do I need snow chains or are the spiked tyres sufficient?
- Should I buy a bigger light than my normal headlamp?
And last but not least:
- How will it be to travel for a long time in winter, partly alone? Just great or will I be longing home to my own bed and my grand piano?
Well, I’ll see.