Day 44 of my winter journey 2018
Ok folks, I’m tired, let’s keep it short and simple:
►►► I hereby declare the winter trip 2018 over.
After a long car ride starting in Ørnes Annika and I arrived in Skelleftehamn at 5 pm and I’m home again.
The part through Norway took a long time as usual because of the road bending and twisting left and right, up and down. The part through Sweden was much faster, but a bit of a bore, since there is not so much to see beside of snowy forests (ok, there is more to see, but not if you just want to come home).
We had blue sky the whole journey and temperatures between -5 °C and -20 °C.
In Skelleftehamn there’s still a lot of snow and the fence in the backyard is snowed under. Just now (19:57) the sky is clear in Skelleftehamn and the temperature is -13.6 °C. No polar lights (yet).
Some random useless facts about the journey:
- 3798 kilometres by car
- 59 hours by Hurtigruten
- 4 different countries
- -34 °C coldest temperature (and -25.8 °C home in Skelleftehamn)
- only 1 day with rain and degrees above zero
- overnight stays at 18 different places (if I counted right)
Some missing blog articles that I’ll write the next days:
- ✔︎ A day in Båtsfjord (Day 41)
- ✔︎ Båtsfjord—Ørnes on the Hurtigruten (Day 41 – 44)
- ✔︎ The last days of the ski tour (Day 13 – 15)
- ✔︎ Perhaps a bit more …
That’s all for today,