- Long underwear (with hood), socks, winter boots, gloves, ski pants, a warm down parka.
- A good digital camera, a wide angle lens, a tripod
- Some rocks, pancake ice and an ice covered rock with icicles. Spice it with a bit of weak ice to make it more interesting.
- A moon (almost full), some purple clouds (altostratus is best) and a pinch of polar lights.
- Put on the items of the first row.
- Take the items of the second row with you.
- Look for the items of the third row.
- Wait for the items of the fourth row and cool the scenery down to -14 °C for 45 minutes.
Voilà, bon appétit!
(Finding the items of the third row was really easy. It’s almost the same I paddled along through the ice half a day ago.)