This article is part of the series “2020-10: New in Tromsø”.
Two days after Annika and I bathed at “our” beach Vitskärsudden in Obbola I bathed again today. Alone at the Telegrafbukta in Tromsø – more than 650 km north from home. It’s a beautiful bay hardly 500 meters from my room.
- While Annika joined me many times bathing at Vitskärsudden I probably have to bath alone in Tromsø
- Home: the way is more beautiful. Tromsø: the way is shorter
- Tromsø: the water tastes salty. The salinity is at least 10 times higher as home
- Tromsø: there is seaweed in the water and sea urchins and probably a lot of other species starting with “sea”. I use bathing shoes
- Home: the water level doesn’t change quite often. Tromsø: there are tides here with a tidal range of up to 3 metres.
- Tromsø: Probably the water won’t freeze over the whole winter.
Today the water was 8.5 °C, two degrees less than the last time. My plan is to bath there the whole year round. Let’s see if I manage to do it.